Through a Stratification Process, Employees are Identified for Diabetes Interventions
MedWise Diabetes Disease Management System provides the programs employees need to:
Wellness research shows that employees who actively manage their health are more productive, have fewer absences from work, and make fewer demands for medical services. An article published in the Journal of the American Medical Association indicated that a focus on prevention and wellness resulted in a 17 percent decline in total medical visits and a 35 percent decline in medical visits for diabetes related illness.
At MedWise, our comprehensive Diabetes Health and Wellness Program is focused on assisting employers in creating or improving wellness in the workplace. Implemented appropriately, MedWise Diabetes Health and Wellness Programs can be far more effective in generating employer savings than reducing employee health care coverage.
We believe the best way to achieve long-term savings is to help people take ownership of their health and healthcare spending. Combining the right diabetes management with health and wellness solutions is a key part of the MedWise Choice approach to better health and productivity.
Our Diabetes Management / Health and Wellness Solutions Help Deliver:
• Healthier employees that are more productive, helping businesses perform better in today’s challenging environment.
• Noticeable and sustainable reductions in healthcare costs. We help employers apply our diabetes
management with health and wellness solutions to benefit from workforces that are more actively engaged in their health. These individuals have the support they need to perform better on-the-job and have fewer days off work—which can result in significantly lower health costs and a stronger bottom line.
Employers can’t Measure what they don’t record
• How many employees are compliant on diabetes testing?
• How many employees are experiencing diabetes episodes?
• How many employees are utilizing health and wellness benefits?
• How many employees still use tobacco?
• What are the biggest risk factors for your employees?
• By examining the answers to these questions in combination with data from your employees' health risk assessments and the MedWise Diabetes Management System we can provide you with detailed reports outlining specific health risks analysis, data trends and lifestyle habits.